❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Welcome to our one-stop hub for name and gender change information. Find out how to get a legal name change where you live and update your name/gender on state and federal IDs and records.

How friendly is the driver’s license gender change policy in your state? 
Free Tickets Recrea White co Diaper – Black Template Search Raffle And Ticket Printable BoyCheck the grade we gave your state.

Last updated April 2019

Name Change, Driver's License & Birth Certificate Policies in:

Federal IDs and Records:

Connecticut Name Change Laws

To obtain a legal name change in Connecticut, an applicant must submit a petition to the Superior Court of their judicial district. No publication is required. Registered sex offenders must notify the supervising Commissioner of their intent and update the sex offender registry upon petition approval. (Conn. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 52-11). 

For instructions on legal name changes for minors under 18 in Connecticut, see NCTE's Name Changes for Minors in Connecticut resource.

Connecticut Drivers License Policy & Procedures

In order to update the name and/or gender on a Connecticut ID, the applicant must first change name with the Social Security Administration and then submit (1) a Name Correction Request  along with certified documentation of legal name change and/or (2) a Gender Designation Change Form. The Gender Designation form must be signed by the applicant’s medical or social service provider and attest to the applicant's gender identity.

Connecticut Birth Certificate Laws

 The Connecticut Department of Public Health will amend the sex designation on the birth certificate if the registrant provides an affidavit from a physician, advance practice registered nurse, or psychologist, that the registrant has undergone surgical, hormonal or other treatment clinically appropriate for the purpose of gender transition. Public Act 15-132, An Act Concerning Birth Certificate Amendments, effective as of October 1, 2015.

If you would like to request an amendment to the sex designation on your CT birth certificate, you must request a packet from the Vital Records Office with original copies of the applicant and healthcare provider affidavits for signature. ❤️ ❤️ In order to request the packet you can contact department staff at 860-509-7956 or [email protected] and receive a copy by mail or in person.

Once you receive the packet you will be instructed to submit the following:

·  A notarized affidavit on archival paper completed by you requesting a replacement birth certificate with your updated gender;


·  A notarized affidavit on archival paper completed by a licensed physician, a licensed advanced practice registered nurse, or a licensed psychologist, stating that you have undergone surgical, hormonal or other treatment clinically appropriate for the purpose of gender transition. 


·  A certified copy of a court order granting your legal name change, if you would like your amended birth certificate to reflect a new name;


·  A photocopy of a valid, government issued photo identification (e.g., driver's license, passport); and


·  A ‘Request for Copy of Birth Certificate’ if you would like Vital Records to provide a certified copy of your amended birth certificate. Along with the request form, you will need to send payment of $30 for the cost of the certified copy of the birth certificate.  The payment must be a money order payable to “Treasurer, State of Connecticut.”

Send completed application to:
Vital Records Office
Department of Public Health
410 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106
The Vital Records Office has  instructions on the gender change process on their website. See Connecticut General Statutes §§ 19a-42 and Regulations for Connecticut State Agencies  §§ 19a-41-5 through 19a-41-12

Join Our Mailing List

   Please leave this field empty